Monday, July 16, 2007

Interview Questions

1. How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as a hardworking and cooperative worker. You can be sure that whatever work I do is top quality. You will not be disappointed. I can assure that.

2. What specific goals, have you established for your life?

I have established multiple goals for my life. One of those goals is being a scientist majoring in genetics engineering and cryogenics. Another goal is being more sociable and expanding my network of contacts. These are only a few of the many goals I had.

3. Please describe the ideal job for you following graduation.

I have multiple ideal jobs following graduation. One job would be the assistant of a professor in a university. Another would be a military official. A third job would be a lawyer. All these jobs differ from each other. I would gain valuable experience and eventually find something that I would want to do.

4. How do you determine or evaluate success? Give me an example of one of your successful accomplishments?

I measure success by the results of my work. I see if my work reached my expectation. If it has each my expectation, it means that I have succeeded. I set high expectations, possibly even higher than you do. I am not boasting but based on your company, I feel that it is the right thing to say. One successful accomplishment would be the fact that I graduated with an honors with distinction.

5. What has been your most rewarding accomplishment?

My most rewarding accomplishment has been graduating in the top of my class and honors with distinction.
6. Are you more energized working with data and collaborating with other individuals?

I am a flexible person. I can work with both data and other individuals. Working with individuals can enrich you. You can share your opinions with them and they may have the same notion. Others may have conflicting ideas and you can benefit from them by learning from them. People need data to work. Without data, how can one hope to accomplish anything just by using theory and guesses? The combination of both data and people can be a powerful tool. That is why I feel more energized working with both data and other individuals. .

7. How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?

For me, I find it easy to cooperate with others as I know that we are all working towards the same goal. If a conflict arises, I would be the mediator of the conflict and try to calm both sides down. Many find me a cooperative person with a calm and cool attitude. That is why I find it easy to work in a team.

8. What motivates you to put forth your best effort?

The completion of the job, as well as the satisfaction that I receive is what motivates me to put forth my best effort. Anything less means that the work that I have submitted is sub- standard.

9. Describe what you've accomplished toward a recent goal for yourself.

A recent goal that I have accomplished is expanding my network of contacts. I have gone to various places and talked to people. I get their contact information and add it to my growing list of contacts. They are people whom I can depend on if I need them. With their assurance in mind, I know that I can trust them.

10. Can you describe your long- range goals and and objectives?

One of my long- range goal is becoming a scientist majoring in genetic engineering and cryogenics. Another is having a family and friends whom I can depend on if I need them. These are only a few of the many that I have. I consider them to be the highest priority in my life. We all can dream. It is achieving the dream that matters.

11. What can you see yourself doing in 10 years?

In 10 years, I see myself studying for a Master's degree in genetics engineering. In addition, I see myself working as an assistant for a cryogenics professor.

12. How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?

I would say that I am capable of dealing with conflicts easily. I often act as a mediator between 2 conflicting sides. The conflicts are usually solved ASAP without any form of "physical contact". If I was on 1 side of the conflict, I would try my best to avoid the worst situation and come to an agreement.

13. Tell me about a major problem you recently handled. Were you successful in resolving it?

I recently solved a problem between 2 of my friends. For some reason, when I stumbled upon them, there were almost going to fight each other. I intervened and asked them the reason for the conflict. After that, I requested that each party meet at a location and and acted as a mediator. I set up a list of terms and they both signed it, this ending the conflict.

14. Would you say that you can easily deal with high- pressure situations?

Yes, I am able to deal with high- pressure situation due to the calm and cool attitude and I always maintain. During a situation like these, I tend to calm everybody down and remind them of the situation at hand as some of them often panic and lose control. I am the kind of the person who takes thing calmly.

15. What quality or attribute do you feel will most contribute to your career success?

The quality I feel will most contribute to my career success is the fact that I am persistence. I am a persistence person. I never take "no" for an answer. Many simply think that I am stubborn, but I know that it is persistence. Without persistence, I would not made it this far. I do not intend to give up now.

16. What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or on the job?

The personal weakness that has caused the greatest difficulty in school or the job is the fact that I am not discipline. I am unable to organize my time well enough. The inability to plan my time properly has result in reduced level of performance in school. If I don't rectify the problem, it would aggravate and eventually lead to a disastrous end.

17. Describe the characteristics of a successful manager.

A successful manager would be a person who has excellent leadership qualities and able to plan his time well. He or she would also be a well- rounded and flexible person. He or she would be a person who can adapt fast and well into a new environment without any problems.

18. Tell me what you know about our company?

*

19. Why do you seek a position in this company?

The reason why I seek a position in this company is because I want to gain valuable work experience in a healthy and high- pressure working environment.

20. Which is more important to you, the job itself or your salary?

The job itself is more important to me.

21. Describe the most significant or creative presentation that you have had to complete.

The most significant presentation that I have had to complete was the Science Fair.

22. Tell me about a time when you had gone above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.

This happens almost all the time, mainly doing my homework. I would always do extra, just in case, to complete the job. Sometimes, although I have finished the job, I feel that I should do some more. This always lead to high marks and so on. Besides, doing extra isn't always a bad thing is it?

23. Give an example of how you applied knowledge from previous coursework to a project in another class.

*

24. Describe a situation where others you were working on a project disagreed with your ideas. What did you do?

There was 1 situation when this happened. My classmates and I were doing a Science project when one of them contradictated me as I was explaining my plan. It turned out that she had a conflicting notion. I just backed off and let it pass. I did not want it to evolve into a full- scale argument.

25. What are your standards of success in school? What have you done to meet these standards?

My standards of success in school is extremely high. Iaccept nothing but the best. The best is being at the top of my class and straight "A"'s. This proves that I have put forth my best effort. Basically, I have abided by the rules and put forth my best effort in doing what needs to be done. Without them, I would not have achieved this success.

1 comment:

Alt Educator said...

A couple questions were a little thin on content 11/12