Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tenage Pregnancy- A Female Perspective

1. What would you do if you were pregnant?
I would be shocked and tell my family and the father of the child. I would not abort the child and give birth to it and try my best to raise the child with or without the father's help.

2. Would you tell the baby's father? Why or why not?
Yes, I would tell the baby's father. The reason for this is because he has the right to know as it is his child as well. He has to take responsibility and raise the child as well.

3. How would having a child affect your life?
It would totally devastate my life as I am not ready for this tremendous responsibility. In addition, I have not completed my education, thus no proper job. Besides, I am still young and immature. If I was mature, this would not have happened in the first place. I would try to lead a normal life while taking care of the child.

4. How would you feel about giving your child up for adoption?
I would feel bad as the child will never know its true parents. That is unless I come and get when I am ready or he or she tries to find and me and succeed. I would give it to a responsible family member or close friend who is willing and able to support the child.

5. How would you feel about keeping your baby and raising it?
I would keep the baby only if I had support from either my friends, family or the baby's father. I would depend on others for help. If it is beyond my ability to take care of the baby, I would give it up for adoption, or give it someone else who is able to raise it.


6. Would you marry the baby's father?
I would marry the baby's father, only if he agrees to help raise the child. After all, he too, has to bear the responsibility of raising the child as he was the one who made me give birth to the child. Lastly, communication fosters trusts. We would be communicating much and therefore, fostering trust between the both of us.


7. How would your parents feel if you were pregnant?
They would feel both disappointed and shocked. This proves to them that I am still immature and unable to take care of myself, as far as sex is concern.

8. How would your friends feel about you if you were pregnant?
My friends would feel sorry for me. On the other hand, I think they would support me. After all, I'm their friend.


9. Would you want to keep seeing the baby's father?
Yes, I would want to keep seeing the baby's father. The reason for that is the fact that I'm going to need his help to raise the child. He also has a great responsibility. Besides, his help would make a difference in the upbringing of the child. How would the child feel if he or she didn't have a father?

No comments: