Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bias

  • Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.
  • Your data suggest a slight association of Male with Career and Female with Family compared to Female with Career and Male with Family.
  • Your data suggest no automatic preference for light skin compared to dark skin people
  • Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Fat People and Thin People.
1. Is the analysis right or wrong? Why do you think so?

Based on the results, I would say that the analysis were mostly correct. I answered to be best of my abilities without taking anything into consideration. This means that I did not act based on my feelings but based on the instructions that were given, thus an fairly accurate analysis. If I had did the tests based on my feelings, my results would have been different. In addition, there is no right or wrong answer. The results of the analysis is based on you, what kind of state that you were in when you did the test.

2. Where do you fall in the of analysis?

Based on the results, I usually fall into the category of either slightly preferring one more than the other or preferring both sides equally. By this, it means that I am usually neutral when it comes to preferences. I don't usually takes side as to prevent conflicts from happening. An example would be the fact that my vote in an election is the last vote and it would determine who becomes the president. I would not vote as conflict would occur. I would instead come to some sort of agreement with all candidates. This is why majority of my results fall into the neutral zone. This is how I think. What about you?

3. Is it possible you have biases which you are not aware of it?

I'm afraid that's not possible. All my life, I have lived knowing about my preferences and my dislikes, although I did consider whether I had any unknown biases. I may develop biases in the future, but for now, I do know what I like and dislike. What is your opinion on this?

1 comment:

Alt Educator said...

Good work but I bet you do have biases you are not aware of.

5/6